Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Up Late

Maybe this blog should be: How I waste time while unemployed

I seem to have become obsessed with cooking. Actually, I have discovered how much I have missed having no agenda in place. It provides my imagination room to roam about and touch on things I haven't thought of for quite some time; cooking being one subject of interest.

Today I recalled the exquisite chocolate cake with banana filling that was often a gift from, an appraiser, a business contact of mine, while living in Wenatchee, WA. I embarked on an internet hunt for a recipe that might come somewhere close to what this cake provided: scrumptious party in the mouth! I landed on something that looks close. I will modify it a bit and see what I come up with.

Hopefully the bean recipes, being so full of fiber, will offset the calories of this tasty treat.

Now on to something productive. Tony Robbins. Yes, that's it. I am waiting on an auction for some Tony Robbins CD's. I don't know about you but I find this man to be incredibly motivating! Years ago I was in a slump and a friend of mine handed me a cassette tape to listen to. One tape and I was on my way and I don't think I stopped for a good 5 years. He just knows how to light a fire under me. So, because I have become a tad too bit relaxed for my own good, Tony is my answer. I will keep you updated as to my progress, if any can be had at this middle-aged time in my life. I have to say, I quite like where I am at. Unfortunately, my finances won't support this life style forever.

No comments: