Thursday, September 24, 2009

OUCH! If I'm in Pain, Do I Have to Look for a Job?



I don't know about you but when I'm in pain, I just want to lay still and growl.  As a result my job hunting got put on the back burner today and I scampered out of the house to the local massage practitioner's.  SOMEBODY needs business so I thought I'd do my part by patronizing her office.

Getting a massage has a beautiful way of clearing out the old junk.  Junk from the past, junk from the job you hated and junk that your ex said to you.  It all gets brought up and rubbed around and flushed out.  It's simply a lovely, therapeutic and totally human experience. I left her office purring.

I feel better this afternoon.  And I don't feel a darn bit guilty for taking the day off.  Looking for a job is just a big pain in the neck and it was time mine got a good rub.

Be kind to yourself today.  Don't worry if you didn't land a job this week.  Take care of you first and the rest of the world will follow suit.  You will find the job you want or create the one you've been dreaming of.  The important thing is to listen to your heart, your body and that funny little man inside your head that screams at you constantly, over the sound of the blaring music you listen to in the car.  He's telling you what you were born to do. You're just not listening.  Schedule a massage and be silent for an hour.  You deserve time off, even if you are unemployed.  And so does the little man in your head.  Kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty!

No comments: