Sunday, September 20, 2009

Staying Fit & Vinegar - Exciting Current Events on the Home Front

Staying true to myself, I have taken the entire weekend off from my job search. It feels good to have a break.

I did make that chocolate cake, by the way, and though I over-cooked it a bit, it was more than edible. More calories immersed into my ever expanding body. The problem is I cannot afford a gym membership while unemployed. So what does one do to stay fit? Again realizing that I am a creative genius, I decided to wash the windows. "Wax on, wax off." My arms received the work out equivalent to the gym and my windows evolved into sparkling gems. What better way to see into one's future than through crystal clear glass?

I have found the bottled window cleaners, I have purchased in the past, leave a film. Therefore I, being the determined domestic goddess that I am evolving into, threw together a recipe of one part vinegar to about 8 parts water. A winning combination! How to remove film from your windows: Wash with vinegar solution and wipe dry with a paper towel. Sparkling clean! This is very exciting to me because I don't know about the rest of you but washing windows has never been a very high priority because frankly, I just wouldn't take the time. I realize it is not a new scientific discovery for many of you but for me using vinegar and water is a great discovery. And since I am stuck in the house with the daily challenge of how to feel productive, it excites me beyond belief.

Today I have accomplished a rather strenuous workout for the arms while creating a whole new outlook on my world. A clean one.

Meanwhile, the Manhattan Clam Chowder (my latest mouth watering creation) has been cooking on the stove. I concocted this from glancing at a recipe I found online and following it, for the most part. I have to say, removing the lid and seeing the array of colors and textures has left me quite impressed with myself and my culinary abilities! Maybe I should open a small cafe. It seems I enjoy this whole cooking thing.

I hope that your Sunday has been as productive and happy as mine. Who could ask for better weather for a fall day? Tomorrow morning it will be back to the grind of job searching and brainstorming. Coming from a fresh perspective, I'm actually looking forward to it. I hope you are too.

No comments: